Bridge mode is a configuration that disables the NAT feature on the M2 and allows the upper network to function as a DHCP server without an IP address conflict. Connecting multiple routers can extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your office/home. Bridge mode fixes this by letting multiple routers share one single Wi-Fi network.
Using the Mercku App:
- Open the Mercku App on your device.
- Select Settings > Network Settings > Network Mode
- Enable Bridge Mode
- Once enabled, the router will reboot and then go into bridge mode
Using the Mercku Portal:
- Go to http://mywifi.mercku.tech and log in
- Select Advanced Settings > Network Mode
- Select Bridge Mode and click Save
Once enabled, the router will reboot and then go into bridge mode. Most router functions will be disabled, except for ‘Manage the router’, ‘Internet’, ‘Wi-Fi Settings’, ‘Admin password’, ‘Network mode’, and ‘Upgrade Firmware’
Please Note: If no IP is assigned from the upper network, please reboot/factory reset the main M2 unit.